Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts from the Desk of the Blogger


Its been a long one and a half months, three months if you include conceptualisation of the "So You Wanna be a Pilot?" competition. I remember being in front of my desk just thinking about the novelty of the entire idea that somehow, the blog could create an avenue for pilot aspirants to live their dreams and how cool would that idea appear to be to the world. I decided to run with it and see how far I can take this. It went back and forth as I visited the pilots, asked for this to happen and voila, here we are three months down the road. This is not about me but about the hundreds who have poured out their hearts on this blog.
The 35 candidates that were picked, each had their own tale that captivated me at one point or another. I wish I could have allowed more but this would not be the case. I wish for as Petha had asked that everyone be given a shot. We read each blog post and each comment, word by word. We are truly sorry that we could not do more. But this is not an eulogy or condolence. I do not pity those who did not make the final 35. I started this competition with hope. That with hope, it inspires those who wish to be pilots. Secondly, the world. That inspite of all the negativity around us, we can make a positive difference.

Rahamat, sorry we could not make your birthday a good one. To Cinta Theresa, we wish we could turn back time. To the rest, we know you and your posts have told us stories that will stay with us and keep us focused on what the blog means and symbolises. This is a celebration not only for the 35 but for all of us. That as people, our dreams seperate us from the others. Keep this thought, that this competition awoke many dreams, might realise some, but most importantly made a difference. Until the next innovation from us,

Believe the unbelievable
Dare to dream
Never take no for an answer

We salute those who dare to dream. This is not the end but a beginning for all. Thank you for the moments and the sharing of your life with us. That will remain long after the posts have been pushed down and the words no longer matter. For a moment, your dreams were heard and we say, you all deserve to dream and have every right to pursue it. Ships are safe in harbours but that is not why ships are built. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment